- Effexor XR withdrawal headaches suck, even when I’m managing my titration with my shrink. They feel like someone applied a vise to the back of my head. Yay, Excedrin Migraine!
- Propel, V8, and Yogi Tea’s Get Regular Tea seem to be handling my hydration problems quite well. Thanks to all who commented.
- Still home from work, still figuring things out. But, if I have been a little stalkerish in my email and/or comments lately, please chalk it up to the lack of human contact, accept my apologies and please (please!) keep up your wonderful, funny, insightful comments.
- Lamictal dreams are more fun than lithium dreams. Lithium dreams are weird, but boring.
- I was able to speak with my mother’s erstwhile shrink, and he confirmed that she did, in fact, call to make an appointment next Tuesday at 1 pm. He also took my number down on the front of her chart, and promised to call me if she no-shows. Considering that this is the blessed man who called me back on New Year’s Day, I’m hopeful that he might be able to “gently suggest” some common sense into her. He gave me 10 minutes, and we discussed my concern that if she would not stabilize herself, that we would have to get the Dept. of Mental Health involved. He agreed they would be better off doing it than me or my brother, and told me that they have an Elder Unit with caseworkers specifically used to dealing with elder issues. He also agreed that her underlying personality disorder(s) might be a sufficient basis for services, and that he would also discuss the possibility of social security disability with her, as a means of supplementing her income. Love him. Not as much as the Better Half, Viggo Mortensen, or Hugh Jackman, but close.
- After a post by Angelina about making yogurt cheese, and its success, I am going to make ricotta and/or mozzarella this weekend. My friend L., who’s always game for a culinary experiment, is going to come over. I will do my best to come up with a PictoBrowser-worthy recipe.